Friday, October 26, 2007

Enjoy the Ride

I had the privilege of attending both of Steve Gilliland's presentations -- Enjoy the Ride, and How to Deal with Negative People and Negative Attitudes. While filled with humor, these sessions also contained great wisdom.

Each of us is challenged regularly by the necessity of dealing with negativity in the workplace. No matter what our nature, we can be influenced by this negativity. Steve calls himself a "negaholic" -- someone who has recovered from negativity.

The comment that stuck with me more than any other was this -- "No one can get your goat if you don't bring your goat to work." His advice regarding avoiding negative influences -- people and information -- is right on target (based on my personal experience).

I purchased a copy of his book Enjoy the Ride and am looking forward to reviewing these and other points and rooting negative attitudes and reactions out of my day.

No comments: